I recently purchased four sets of these new special edition stamps from Royal Mail, depicting some of the greatest design classics of our time. There are ten stamps in each set.
1. Supermarine Spitfire: RJ Mitchell
2. Mini Skirt: Mary Quant
3. Mini Cooper: Sir Alec Issigonis
4. Anglepoise Lamp: George Cawardine
5. Concorde: Aerospatiale-BAC
6. K2 Telephone Kiosk: Sir Giles Gilbert Scott (pictured above)
7. Polypropylene Chair: Robin Day
8. Penguin Books: Edward Young
9. London Underground Map: Harry Beck (or Henry Beck as I know him) (pictured above)
10. Routemaster Bus: Design team led by AAM Durrant
Each of these stamps are clean and iconic, making the stamps themselves sought after design pieces.
I also gave into some special edition James Bond stamps recently, which I won't be using. These are to be saved, since they are too good to use. Each stamp shows a strip of four Ian Flemming book covers, creating an elongated stamp which is more unusual than the standard.
All stamps are available from the Royal Mail